Thames & Kosmos Robotics Workshop
Free Shipping Eligible: Details
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
Free Shipping Eligible Items
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 12% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $5 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible Items
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please call 1-877-350-0645 or E-mail email@example.com for a freight quote.
Items Shipped InternationallySee our International Shipping Policy for details.
- Tablet App - Smartphones are not supported. iOS devices must support Bluetooth 4.0 and must be running iOS 8 or later. iOS 9 or 10 is recommended. Supported devices include iPad 3rd generation or later, iPad mini iPad Air and iPad Pro. An iPad display of 9.7 inches or larger is recommended. Android devices must support Bluetooth 4.0 and must be running Android 5.0 or later. A display of 9.7 inches or larger is recommended. Due to the large number of Android devices on the market compatibility cannot be verified on all Android tablets.
- Computer App - The desktop app is not supported on all computers. A Windows desktop or laptop PC with USB 2.0/3.0 port and internet connection are required. The CB1 Blockly Desktop application was developed on Windows 10. It is expected to work on Windows 7 or higher, but the compatibility cannot be verified on all computers. Minimum system requirements: dual core processor, 2.4 GHz (i5 or i7 Intel processor or AMD equivalent); 4 GB RAM; 100 MB free hard drive space for the application files; 802.11g/n wireless (for laptops; WPA2 support required); 19-inch LCD monitor (for desktops).
- Ultrasonic Sensor - helps your robots gauge distances and determine where objects are
- Light Sensor - enables your robot to distinguish between light and dark, as well as determine the light intensity in a room or the light intensity of different colors
- Touch Sensor - measures information arising from physical contact with objects, enabling your robotic creation to “feel” things in front of it; the kit includes two touch sensors
- Precision Motors - allow your robot to take accurate and powerful steps with complete motor control; includes two servo motors
- Geared Motors - connect to gears, wheels, and other pieces to move your robots in many ways; includes two regular motors
- CB1 core controller - wirelessly connects the app on your tablet to the motors, sensors, microphone, speaker, and LEDs
- Speaker - integrated into the core controller; allows you to program your robots to make sounds
- Sound Sensor - can detect sounds, allowing you to program your robot to react to sound so that if you clap your hands once, it can mean one thing, and it you clap twice, it can mean a different thing; able to measure noise levels around 3 to 6 kHz, where the human ear is most sensitive