FOSS Third Edition Solids and Liquids Complete Kit, Grades 1 to 2, with 32 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
Free Shipping Ineligible
Free Shipping Ineligible
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, FOSS Third Edition Modules engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Solids and Liquids Module for Grades 1 to 2 provides opportunities for students to observe, describe properties and behaviors of solids and liquids, as well as engage in scientific and engineering practices. Students will observe that matter exists in three fundamental states: solid, liquid, and gas
In the FOSS Third Edition The Solids and Liquids Complete Kit with 4 hands-on investigation activities, students will: investigate and sort objects based on their properties; observe, describe, and compare the properties and behaviors of solids and liquids; record observations with pictures, numbers, and words; recognize the properties of solid materials that make them appropriate for tower construction; build towers; combine and separate solid materials of different particle sizes using tools; observe, describe, and record what happens when solids and water are mixed and when liquids and water are mixed; use knowledge to conduct an investigation on an unknown material (toothpaste); and observe and describe changes when solids and liquids are heated and cooled.
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and up to 3 class uses
- FOSS Science Resources: a book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, online assessment, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: Solids
- Investigation 2: Liquids
- Investigation 3: Bits and Pieces
- Investigation 4: Solids, Liquids, and Water
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- 1 Big Book
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 2 Class Uses
- 32 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years