FOSS Middle School 2nd Edition Earth History Complete Kit, with 160 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
- If the pricing program minimum subtotal is met item Ships Free with your Pricing Program. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items on your pricing program, after any additional discounts are applied.
- Free Shipping Eligible when Pricing Program minimum is met. If the pricing program minimum subtotal is not met shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any additional discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please call 1-877-350-0645 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a freight quote
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, Foss Second Edition Middle School Modules engage students and teachers in active investigations (including outdoor experiences and online simulations) that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Earth History Complete Kit for Grades 6 to 8 engage students in reading evidence from rocks, landforms, and fossils to tell the geological story of a place. The revised FOSS Earth History course draws from the original course's rich, active-learning investigations to develop an understanding of Earth processes, then delves in far greater depth into the rock cycle, human interactions with natural resources, and technology that supports the geosciences. Instructionally, the course has been enhanced by the addition of embedded notebooking techniques, recommended homework assignments, and greater support for in-class readings and multimedia activities.
The module features 9 hands-on course investigation activities, which include: (1) Earth is Rock: students will study the landforms and rocks that make up Earth's crust; (2) Weathering and Erosion: students will discover what sediments are and explore how water can erode sediments and deposit them downstream; (3) Deposition: students will investigate the processes by which sediments turn into sedimentary rock; (4) Fossils and Past Environments: students will consider the time scale in which rocks and fossils form using data from the Grand Canyon; (5) Igneous Rocks: students will examine rock samples and investigate the relationship between crystal size and the formation of igneous rocks; (6) Volcanoes and Earthquakes: students will use convection and plate tectonics to explain plate boundary interactions and patterns of volcanoes and earthquakes; (7) Mountains and Metamorphic Rocks: students will work with different models of mountains and explore how interactions at plate boundaries produce mountains; (8) Geoscenarios: students will synthesize knowledge from the course, bringing critical insight into the story of a geological site; and (9) What is Earth's Story?: students will apply knowledge of the rock cycle to answer the question, "What is the story of this place?"
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and 1 class use
- FOSS Science Resources: a hardcover book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access for both teachers and students to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, interactive whiteboard activites, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: Earth is Rock
- Investigation 2: Weathering and Erosion
- Investigation 3: Deposition
- Investigation 4: Fossils and Past Environments
- Investigation 5: Igneous Rocks
- Investigation 6: Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- Investigation 7: Mountains and Metamorphic Rocks
- Investigation 8: Geoscenarios
- Investigation 9: What Is Earth's Story?
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 1 Class Use
- 160 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years