FOSS Third Edition Structures of Life Complete Kit, Grade 3, with 32 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
Free Shipping Ineligible
Free Shipping Ineligible
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, FOSS Third Edition Modules engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Structures of Life Module for Grade 3 will have students observe, compare, categorize, and care for a selection of organisms. They will observe and describe the life cycles of plants and animals, observe the characteristics of the human body, and explore food chains.
In the FOSS Third Edition The Structures of Life Complete Kit with 4 hands-on investigation activities, students will: observe and compare properties of seeds and fruits; investigate the effect of water on seeds; observe, describe, and record structures of germinated seeds and learn their functions for the growing plant; describe and compare different kinds of germinated seeds; grow plants hydroponically and observe the life cycle of a bean plant, focusing on structures and functions; observe and record crayfish structural and behavioral adaptations; use knowledge of crayfish requirements to maintain the organisms in the classroom; organize data about crayfish territorial behavior; study skeletal systems using bones, images, and models; and collect, organize, and analyze data from life science investigations to build explanations.
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and up to 3 class uses
- FOSS Science Resources: a book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, online assessment, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: Origin of Seeds
- Investigation 2: Growing Further
- Investigation 3: Meet the Crayfish
- Investigation 4: Human Body
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 2 Class Uses
- 32 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years