FOSS Third Edition Measuring Matter Complete Kit, Grade 3, with 32 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
- If the pricing program minimum subtotal is met item Ships Free with your Pricing Program. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items on your pricing program, after any additional discounts are applied.
- Free Shipping Eligible when Pricing Program minimum is met. If the pricing program minimum subtotal is not met shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any additional discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please call 1-877-350-0645 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a freight quote
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, FOSS Third Edition Modules engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Measuring Matter Module for Grade 3 introduces students to tools and procedures for comparing matter in its common states of solid, liquid, and gas. Measurement, the process of quantifying observations, compares nature to a standard unit allowing the organization of the world to become more comprehensible.
In the FOSS Third Edition Measuring Matter Complete Kit with 4 hands-on investigation activities, students will: apply the conventions of measurement– accuracy, position, orientation, and repetition; use tools to make accurate measurements and represent measurements by using numbers and units, then use measurement data to construct explanations; plan a procedure, and apply it to solve a problem; use tables and graphs to organize and display data for analysis; weigh materials to confirm conservation of matter; investigate the relationship between phase change and heating and cooling; and make and separate a number of simple mixtures, then mix materials to observe solutions and reactions.
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and up to 3 class uses
- FOSS Science Resources: a book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, online assessment, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: The First Straw
- Investigation 2: Fact of the Matter
- Investigation 3: Changing Matter
- Investigation 4: Mixtures
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 2 Class Uses
- 32 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years