FOSS Third Edition Insects and Plants Complete Kit, Grades 1 to 2, with 32 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
- If the pricing program minimum subtotal is met item Ships Free with your Pricing Program. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items on your pricing program, after any additional discounts are applied.
- Free Shipping Eligible when Pricing Program minimum is met. If the pricing program minimum subtotal is not met shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any additional discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please call 1-877-350-0645 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a freight quote
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, FOSS Third Edition Modules engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Insects and Plants Module for Grades 1 to 2 provides experiences with the life sequences of a number of insects so that students learn that organisms reproduce offspring of their own kind. At the same time, students will get to grow a plant from seeds and observe brassica go through its life cycle to produce new seeds.
In the FOSS Third Edition Insects and Plants Complete Kit with 5 hands-on investigation activities, students will: develop a curiosity and interest in insects and flowering plants and an appreciation for them as living things; provide for the needs of insects and plants and observe them over time; observe the similarities and differences of the life sequences that different types of insects exhibit (simple and complete metamorphosis); compare the life cycles of different kinds of animals and learn that organisms reproduce offspring of their own kind; observe variations within a group of insects; organize and communicate observations through drawing and writing and use bar graphs to record data; use magnifiers to observe and draw organisms; and write or draw a sequence of steps for an event.
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and up to 3 class uses
- FOSS Science Resources: a book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, online assessment, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: Mealworms
- Investigation 2: Brassica Seeds
- Investigation 3: Milkweed Bugs
- Investigation 4: Silkworms
- Investigation 5: Butterflies
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- 1 Big Book
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 2 Class Uses
- 32 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years