FOSS Third Edition Air and Weather Complete Kit, Grades 1 to 2, with 32 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
- If the pricing program minimum subtotal is met item Ships Free with your Pricing Program. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items on your pricing program, after any additional discounts are applied.
- Free Shipping Eligible when Pricing Program minimum is met. If the pricing program minimum subtotal is not met shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any additional discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please call 1-877-350-0645 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a freight quote
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, FOSS Third Edition Modules engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Air and Weather Module for Grades 1 to 2 provides experiences that heighten primary students' awareness, curiosity, and understanding of Earth's dynamic atmosphere, and provides opportunities for young students to engage in scientific and engineering practices. Students will explore the natural world by using simple instruments to observe and monitor change.
In the FOSS Third Edition The Air and Weather Complete Kit with 4 hands-on investigation activities, students will: discover properties of air by observing interactions of air with objects; demonstrate that compressed air can be used to make things move; construct parachutes, pinwheels, and kites, and observe how they interact with air; use weather instruments, including a thermometer, an anemometer, and a wind vane, to measure air conditions; observe and describe daily weather on a calendar; record observations using pictures, words, and data; graph weather observations to look for patterns in local weather conditions, precipitation, and temperature throughout the seasons; and monitor and record the changing appearance of the Moon over a month.
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and up to 3 class uses
- FOSS Science Resources: a book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, online assessment, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: Exploring Air
- Investigation 2: Observing Weather
- Investigation 3: Wind Exploration
- Investigation 4: Looking for Change
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- 1 Big Book
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 2 Class Uses
- 32 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years