FOSS Third Edition Pebbles, Sand and Silt Complete Kit, Grades 1 to 2, with 32 Seats Digital Access
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
Free Shipping Ineligible
Free Shipping Ineligible
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Bridging research and practice, FOSS Third Edition Modules engage students and teachers in enduring experiences that lead to deeper understanding of science and engineering concepts, as well as the natural and designed world. The Pebbles, Sand, and Silt Module for Grades 1 to 2 provides experiences of Earth's natural resources– rocks, soil, and water–and provides opportunities for students to engage in scientific and engineering practices. Students will explore the natural world by using simple tools to observe and describe properties of earth materials.
In the FOSS Third Edition The Pebbles, Sand, and Silt Complete Kit with 4 hands-on investigation activities, students will: observe and compare physical properties of rocks and soils, using various tools; rub rocks together and observe that they break into smaller pieces; use screens to separate and group river rocks by particle size, and investigate properties of pebbles, gravel, sand, silt, and clay particles; explore places where earth materials are naturally found and ways that earth materials are used; use sand to make sculptures and clay to make beads, jewelry, and bricks; and find, collect, record, and compare samples of soil outside the classroom.
- Investigation Guide: this core instructional tool provides educators with the support to help students successfully facilitate the investigations
- Teacher Resources: this book guides teachers in how the elements of FOSS work and provide notebook and assessment masters
- Equipment Kit: specifically designed, durable equipment and materials in FOSS lead to successful investigations for 32 students and up to 3 class uses
- FOSS Science Resources: a book that includes student readings that connect students' firsthand experiences to informational text
- FOSS Technology: access to a one-stop online resource for eBooks, eInvestigations Guides, videos, virtual investigations and tutorials, online assessment, and much more
- Investigations Guide:
- Investigation 1: First Rocks
- Investigation 2: River Rocks
- Investigation 3: Using Rocks
- Investigation 4: Soil and Water
- Teacher Resources
- 32 Science Resource Books for Students
- 1 Big Book
- Nonconsumable Equipment
- Consumable Materials for 2 Class Uses
- 32 Seats of Digital Access for 7 Years