CPO Science Physics: A First Course, 2nd Edition Collection
Physics: A First Course uses guided inquiry, contemporary ideas and language, hands-on investigation, and multiple learning styles to help all students learn and succeed. The program provides a solid grounding in physics concepts and a firm foundation for further science study. Consistent with the “Physics First” philosophy, this Teaching and Learning System offers connections to the real world as well as to technology, chemistry, biology, and other sciences. The program reinforces math and science comprehension skills while it builds an understanding of how the world works.
Physics: A First Course units cover forces and motion, energy and systems, matter and energy, energy and change, electricity, electricity and magnetism, vibrations, waves and sound, and light and optics
- Hardcover student textbook with 560 pages has one concept per page along with compelling full-color graphics that enhance learning and retention
- Investigations each include a key question in the beginning and are completely integrated with readings in student text and teacher's guide
- Students will design and conduct experiments, construct and test conclusions, observe results, and gather, record, and analyze data
- Investigation Manual includes 36 hands-on investigations (2 per chapter) and 8 lab skills activities so students can learn key concepts through direct experience and discovery
- Experiment kit includes hands-on, high-quality, specially designed solid wood equipment that brings a completely new level of excitement to the classroom
School Specialty will be discontinuing CPO Science effective June 30th, 2023. Limited inventory on some items.
Access to digital resources on ThinkLink will be available until July 1, 2026.
Please contact us at CPO@schoolspecialty.com with any questions.