Explode The Code Book 4, Literacy & Phonics, 2nd Edition
School Specialty Shipping Policy
Items Shipped Within the Contiguous 48 United States
- Item Ships Free with your pricing program.
Free Shipping Eligible
- Free shipping and handling on eligible supply orders of $49 or more. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items, after any additional discounts are applied.
- For subtotals less than $49, the shipping and handling charge is $9.95.
Free Shipping Eligible with your Pricing Program
- If the pricing program minimum subtotal is met item Ships Free with your Pricing Program. Free shipping calculation is based on the subtotals of eligible items on your pricing program, after any additional discounts are applied.
- Free Shipping Eligible when Pricing Program minimum is met. If the pricing program minimum subtotal is not met shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any additional discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $9.95 minimum charge.
Free Shipping Ineligible
- Shipping and handling charges are 15% of the subtotal of the items, after any discounts are applied, with a $99 minimum charge. If the subtotal is greater than $1,000, please call 1-877-350-0645 or E-mail email@example.com for a freight quote
Items Shipped to Hawaii, Alaska and InternationalSee our Hawaii & Alaska Shipping Policy and International Shipping Policy for details.
Explode The Code Book 4 introduces students to compound words, common word endings (-ful, -ing, -est, -ed, -ness), syllable types (open, closed, Cle, silent-e, digraph) and syllabication with 2- and 3-syllable words. Through a variety of pen-to-paper activities, students will get to practice blending sounds to read and write multisyllabic words.
Softcover phonics workbook is recommended for Grades 1 to 4 (with included accommodations for English Language Learners and struggling readers). Enjoy the full Explode The Code Book series as desired (available in Books 1 to 6, each also with a 1/2 number for additional practice, and Books 7 and 8; each sold separately).
- Explode The Code workbooks help build essential reading skills that include phonemic awareness, phonological awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, spelling, comprehension, and writing
- Book 4 introduces concepts that include compound words, common endings, syllable types, endings -ful, -wing, -est, -ed and -ness to make new words, and more
- Consistent exercise formats with simple directions, black-and-white illustrations, and concrete examples allow students to learn and work independently
- Activities build in difficulty level, starting with context appearing at word level (relating word to picture), then sentence level, short paragraphs, and ending with denser text passages
- Post-tests are found at the end of each workbook to assess student's phonics knowledge for at-home learning or literacy classroom curriculum
Explode The Code®
- Research-based multisensory program has flexible options, including student workbooks and online instruction
- Abundant practice and reinforcement opportunities provide young learners with a foundation towards greater retention
- Accommodations for English Language Learners and struggling readers
Reading Success with Direct Phonics Instruction
Explode The Code offers a complete systematic phonics program for grades PreK through 4. Based on the Orton-Gillingham approach to reading, it supports multisensory, structured, sequential, cumulative, and flexible instruction. Explode The Code will help your student build the essential literacy skills needed for reading success—phonological awareness, decoding, vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, and spelling.
- The many available components in this program offer a variety of visual, auditory, and kinesthetic options
- Specific lesson plans for ELL students focus on vocabulary, grammar, reading, and comprehension
- Explode The Code Half Books 1-1/2 through 6-1/2 provide extra practice, enabling students to read words, phrases, sentences, and stories independently
- Choose between Print and Digital options for flexible implementation
Explode The Code® Online
- Appealing game-like interface and immediate audio and visual feedback keeps students engaged and entertained while they learn
- Rewards system adds excitement and incentive to continue progressing through the program
- Students are guided through fun learning activities and receive adaptive instruction based on their proficiency level
- Online reporting system allows for real-time, detailed information at the class and school level
For More Information
- Visit our Explode The Code website to learn about the components of Explode The Code online
- Content a sales consultant for more information on how you can best utilize this program in your school or district. Our sales consultants are your resource for product presentations, workshops, and product review samples.